BIRTH PREPARATION WORKSHOP
Do you have any Fears about giving birth?
Are you Worried about how you will manage in Labour?
Does your Birth Partner feel out of their depth?
Then this half day Birth Preparation workshop is for you…….
Discover in detail the mechanics of Labour, how it progresses from Stage to Stage. What will happen.
Recognise how you will know when Labour has started.
Learn why Relaxation is important and take home some simple techniques to use before and during Labour.
Understand why Movement and Breath are fundamental to an easier birth.
Practice and learn Movements, Postures and Birthing Breaths to make your labour easier and quicker.
Learn supportive Birth Partner massage techniques to reduce pain.
Discuss any concerns and worries in a friendly, informative environment.
This Birth Education workshop will give you all the knowledge and practical techniques you need, and much much more……
What is a Birth Preparation Workshop?
The Workshop is a perfect blend of practical and theoretical knowledge. Your own personal fears and worries will be listened to, discussed, and then transformed into an empowered understanding of how you can birth your baby gently and with ease.
The Session is designed with the Birth Partner (Husband, Partner, Sister, Mother, or whoever will be your support person) as the focus. It is a training ground for them to grow into the role of a confident, comfortable, knowledgeable, caring and pro-active Birth Partner. The perfect Birth Preparation training.
After discussing and reviewing what we know about Labour, we begin to put some of the theory and practical tools into place:-
• Discussing in detail the 3 Stages of Labour from the early indications of labour through to the delivery of the placenta.
• Discussing the journey of the baby through the birth canal, the importance of Optimum Foetal Positioning and the design of the Female Pelvis.
• Practicing and learning useful breathing techniques for Labour
• Looking at how to position the body to make the best use of gravity
• Practicing various positions and movements that can improve the dilation of the cervix and also assist the birthing process.
• Practicing using a Birthing Ball for pregnancy comfort and for labour.
• Learing simple massage techniques to support and help the Mother during the last month of pregnancy and also for pain relief during Labour.
• Understanding the importance of relaxation on the progress of labour and learning a simple relaxation technique.
Workshops are held regularly, usually around every 6 weeks on a Sunday. Please advise of your date preferences as every effort will be made to accommodate your needs. If you don’t see a date that suits you, please get in touch. I may be able to deliver a session in your area. You can also book a Private Session – please enquire.
You’ll find it more beneficial to attend a workshop once you are 30+ weeks into your pregnancy.
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring a Birthing Ball, Yoga Mat, Pillow and a Snack.
(If do no not have a Birthing Ball, please let me know and I will bring a spare one).
Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Please bring a light snack for the break.
NEXT BIRTHING WORKSHOP
Sunday 7th May, 2017
Douglas Room (upstairs)
Barton Village Hall, Crowberry Lane
Barton-under-Needwood DE13 8AF
Cost: £65 per couple
Includes comprehensive PDF handouts and tea/coffee
What are THE most important things for an easier, calmer, natural birth?
Download the free 25 page guide on BIRTH ESSENTIALS, and find out the TOP TEN things you need to know and do to prepare for the birth of your Baby.